The objectives of the Association shall be:
- Communication and networking between all professionals in the fields of Paediatric Neurology and Child Development in Southern Africa.
- The forging of international links with professionals working in these fields.
- Further education by:
- Organizing meetings, discussion groups, conferences etc. To provide continuing medical education for professionals within the various regions.
- Training of health care professionals at centres of excellence in Paediatric Neurology and Child Development.
- Disseminating up to date resource registers, guidelines and other useful information.
- Public education through the media.
- The health of and lobby for children with special needs with the relevant authorities.
- Research collaboration and play an active role in the acquisition of research funding.
- To facilitate the organisation of specialized services within each region.
- To function as a pressure group for matters pertaining to the sub-specialities (e.g. the training of registrars, billing etc.)
- To forge links with other professional bodies that are engaged in similar activities of promoting the welfare and development of children.